- Travel dates: July 1-13, 2015.
- Countries visited: Czech Republic, Germany and Belgium.
- Cities visited: Prague, Terezin, Pilsen (Czech Republic), Regensburg, Munich, Heidelberg (Germany), Antwerp and Ghent (Belgium).
- Opponents: Czech 18U National Team, German 18U National Team, Regensburg Legionaere, Belgian Men's National Team. 10 games played.
- Group size: 20 players, 4 staff members.
Basic Trip Itinerary:
- July 1 - Gather in Pelham, New York for team practice. Fly overnight to Prague.
- July 2-6 - Games and sightseeing in Czech Republic.
- July 6-10 - Games and sightseeing in Germany.
- July 10-12 - Games and sightseeing in Belgium.
- July 13 - Return flight to US from Brussels Airport.
Each of the staff members listed above has had significant experience coaching and/or teaching HS and college student-athletes, 2 of the staff members have significant national team coaching experience, and 2 of the staff members have significant professional coaching experience.
Trip Cost: $4,995 (included all basic intra-European travel expenses [i.e., ground transport, lodging and meals] and all training and competition-related expenses, but excluded airfare to/from Europe and health insurance).
- Staff members were available via cellphone and email at all times during the trip to respond to emergencies.
- Although the legal drinking age in most parts of Europe is 18 (or even less), OWB has a strict policy against alcohol consumption by HS trip participants. Violations of this policy or other rules of personal conduct would have resulted in the violator being sent home immediately (at his family's expense).
- As OWB's trip participants serve as de facto ambassadors of US baseball, excellent sportsmanship was promoted and expected, and all OWB 2015 trip participants did a superb job in this regard.